Menu

Add New Family problem with date of birth

Help
Ben
2014-07-08
2014-07-08
  • Ben

Ben - 2014-07-08

When I create new families (in the "Add New Family" option), I have the option to also add in the new family members. To do this I have to add in the date of birth. If I ignore the date of birth there will be an error that says "Invalid fields or selections. Changes not saved! Please correct and try again!" And then down under date of birth, in the year box, it says "
    Invalid Year: allowable values are 1901 to 2155"

By default Churchinfo puts in a "0" so I get an error unless I change it. Is there a way to change that fill in box to a radio box that lets me choose "unknown"? The month and day radio boxes have the option to choose unknown, why can't I do that in year?

Thank you so much!

• Michael Wilt

Michael Wilt - 2014-07-08

This is a bit of a nuisance but the work-around for now is to make the year blank. It will accept that.

The birth date is complicated by the fact that so many people want to share just the month and day, but not the year (and their age). This prevents us from storing the data as a date and we have to store the month, day, and year separately.

Personally, I wish people were a lot more open about sharing their age. We lost a great opportunity to understand the demographics of our congregations when people keep their age secret.

Mike

Michael Wilt
    ChurchInfo Team Leader