Menu

Centraview - happy customers??

Help
Redge
2006-06-08
2013-04-24
  • Redge

Redge - 2006-06-08

I've followed the various discussion threads and it seems many are happy with the functionality but are distressed over the number of bugs.  I'm curious to find out if there are any satisfied users and what their experience has been...  Also, I noticed a posting that suggested Centraview was no longer active on Sourceforge.. Does this mean they are out of business?

• c_heyner

c_heyner - 2006-06-08

Hi

If you have followed the discussion threads, you have probably realized that there are two CentraView projects right now. This one and the one called "CentraView eu version". We have invested in the internationalization of CentraView and also in the bug fixing of CentraView and with our version we know that there are quite a few happy customers.

What happened exactly to the people who formed the CentraView company we really don't know. As a matter of fact they do not answer mails and there are no more postings in the forums from them. Therefore we assume that at least for the time being they are not really active.

In the meantime I suggest you try the next release of the CentraView eu version which will come with some new interesting features like new custom field types. We plan to make this release available be the 15th June.

Christian

• Nobody/Anonymous

The company seems to be still alive. I've called them just a minute ago - the guy I was talking to was very helpful and informative.

• Nobody/Anonymous

The company is out of business, the former owner has formed another voip company and has taken all of the development staff with him.  As to recent calls for support, the line is forwarded to the new company and it is the luck of the draw if you get someone.

I would say download the code, and do your own thing, the code is a great start.