Menu

Error on uninstall. Can't upgrade other pkgs

General
Rafael
2012-08-13
2012-12-10
  • Rafael

Rafael - 2012-08-13

I'm using  linux ubuntu and I want to unintall Buddi.
    However, I get the error message bellow.
    This error stops the apt-get upgrade process and now I can't upgrade any other package.
    I need to solve this problem to continue upgrading my linux…
    I have tried apt get "remove", "purge", "-force", "dpkg -configure -a", etc
    Any hints?

sudo dpkg -r buddi
    (Reading database … 262257 files and directories currently installed.)
    Removing buddi …
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/bin/buddi by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/bin/Buddi.jar by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/applications/buddi.desktop by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/24x24/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/32x32/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/36x36/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/64x64/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/72x72/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/96x96/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/icons/hicolor/192x192/apps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/pixmaps/buddi.png by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/doc/buddi/README by buddi', none removed.
    No diversion 'diversion of /usr/share/mime/packages/buddi.xml by buddi', none removed.
    /var/lib/dpkg/info/buddi.postrm: 25: update-desktop-database: not found
    dpkg: error processing buddi (-remove):
    subprocess installed post-removal script returned error exit status 127
    Processing triggers for hicolor-icon-theme …
    Errors were encountered while processing:
    buddi

• Wyatt

Wyatt - 2012-08-13

Hmm, it looks like the error is on /var/lib/dpkg/info/buddi.postrm line 25: the program 'update-desktop-database' is not found.  Could you try to verify whether that script exists?  If not, perhaps try installing it, or as a workaround, create an empty script with that name in /usr/local/bin and try uninstalling again (i.e. let the script run, even though it doesn't do anything).

Hope this helps