Menu

DVD+R settings too large

Help
2004-07-03
2004-07-03
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Handy little program, except that I haven't been able to use it to burn DVD+Rs with it yet.  When I split up my folders, it creates a folder size of 4.58GB.  I'm using Memorex DVD+Rs that say 4.7GB.  When I try burning them with Nero, it says that the folder is too large (the cut off size for a DVD it says is 4500MB).  When I try the auto-detect feature, I get an error that says, "Panic, no good ASPI layer installed!" followed by "No empty CD-R found!"  I have installed the ASPI exe from the BTTB site.  Any ideas?

• Sander Raaijmakers

Hi,

autodetecting DVD's doesn't work (yet). You can try creating a new medium with the size that is specified on the DVD.
      Please refer to the help at http://bttb.sourceforge.net for more information.

Sander

• Nobody/Anonymous

Okay, I just wasn't sure on that.  When I create the new size (just under 4.5 GB), is the megabyte field under media size the only field that I need to change, or do I have to mess with the other fields (ie. clusters, cluster size, file system size)?  Thanks =)

• Sander Raaijmakers

Hi,

luckily, you can just change the size above. The settings beneath are automatically adapted to fit the size.

Sander