Menu

Slow downloading

Help
Anonymous
2006-03-22
2013-04-17
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-03-22

Hi everyone, I have a problem with btqueue-0.0.18 and python-2.4_1 on FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p8. I have a direct internet connection (not behind a nat or anything) and my policy.conf file is seen below this post.
    I usually have 10-20 torrents going and however overall speeds seems about 10-50% of what they are with other torrent programs! it peaks at about 600kb/s total, but usually its about 100kb/s even on torrents with over 1000 seeds and under 10 leechers.
    It goes extremly slow on torrents which are 2(?) 1(?), I guess meaning 2 seeds 1 peers. then it goes like 0-5kb/s... what could be the problem here?
    ======== policy.conf file below! ==============
    allow_acl=ALL
    bind_ip=
    daemon_stderr=
    daemon_stdout=
    debug_level=1
    default_command=list running seeding
    default_priority=5
    default_socket_timeout=10
    deny_acl=NONE
    dest_path=/mnt2/incoming
    ignore_waiting_media=0
    ipv6_binds_v4=0
    log_unknown_id=0
    max_download_rate=3000
    max_initiate=40
    max_last_banned=20
    max_peer=1000
    max_peer_ratio=4
    max_port=60000
    max_run_job=20
    max_seed_rate=10
    max_seed_time=999999999
    max_seeder=10
    max_share_ratio=1.0
    max_upload_rate=100
    min_free_space=104857600
    min_peer=20
    min_peer_ratio=0
    min_port=55000
    min_seed_time=0
    min_seeder=0
    min_share_ratio=1.0
    order_acl=allow,deny
    peer_format=l,ip:r,rport:l,cc:l,client:l,netname
    random_port=1
    reassign_id=1
    report_ip=
    rerequest_interval=1200
    scheduling_interval=30
    spew_format=l,ip:r,rport:l,cc:l,direction:r,uprate:r,downrate:r,dtotal:r,utotal:r,completed:l12,client:l12,netname
    torrent_format=r,id:l20,title:r,progress:r,dlsize:l,totalsize:r,eta:r,dlspeed:r,ulspeed:r,seeds:r,peers:l,btstatus:r,ratio:l,activity
    torrent_path=/home/lasse/torrent
    upnp_nat_access=1
    use_single_port=1
    verify_link=0
    webservice_add=True
    webservice_close=False
    webservice_delete=True
    webservice_gset=False
    webservice_id=wsbt
    webservice_ip=127.0.0.1
    webservice_pause=True
    webservice_port=19412
    webservice_query=True
    webservice_queue=True
    webservice_resume=True
    webservice_version=True
    write_buffer_size=4
    xmlrpc_id=xmlrpcbt
    xmlrpc_ip=127.0.0.1
    xmlrpc_port=19413

• Sugree Phatanapherom

I recommend you to upgrade to BTQueue 0.1.0 433 immediately.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-03-24

I did it today, there is no change. Its almost like being "yello" on other bt clients, I get really slow speeds and few connected seeders/peers compared to other bt apps like transmission, rtorrent, bittornado...

whats wrong??

• Sugree Phatanapherom

I think the problem might be your settings didn't match network configuration or your net admin shape the bandwidth according to BitTorrent protocol.

Please give me more information about your network and settings. For example, IP address, router, and etc.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-03-29

I have a normal ipv4 network to an LAN network (no ppoe or something) with a dns server and so on. I am the administrator and I have never had problems with any clients at any ports before. Probably python bt clients using the same libraries as btqueue. And now I have the latest version. No router- direct internet

• Sugree Phatanapherom

Could you give me the torrent file? Perhaps the problem is the tracker.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-03-29

please its not the torrenttracker thats the problem. Its torrentbytes.net they have been going 100% for years. And I get 1mbit+ downspeed with other clients...

• Sugree Phatanapherom

Let me assume BTQueue is the cause of this problem. Anyway, I still have to investigate the problem in detail. If have just upgraded to BTQueue 0.1.0, please try to run "version" and "scrape" on a torrent and send it to me.

You might try to change peer ID to be compatible with Azureus, uTorrent or BitComet. Read more at http://www.howforge.com/customize-peer-id-in-btqueue-0-1-0 and http://www.howforge.com/btq-0-1-0-406.

• luchoh

luchoh - 2006-04-18

I have the same issue - everything seems OK with the other bittorrent clients.

I am using the MIPS version of Linkstation, which identifies itself as:
      Linux NAS1 2.4.20_mipsel_linkstation mips unknown

Python version is: Python 2.3.5

My router is Linksys WRT54G with dd-wrt firmware.

The firewall port is reported open by uTorrent checker I use to verify my desktop Torrent client.
      netstat -n gives most of the connections to the above port to be in FIN_WAIT1 state.

Scraping doesn't help.

Please advise.