Menu

logging data - only storable on the GPS devic

Help
2009-07-12
2013-05-02
  • José M Hernández

Hi! I'm having trouble trying to set up the BT747 J2ME to log the data it is receiving right from the GPS antenna(the LOGGERmENU>GPSposition shows what it has to show). Is it possible that the BT747 doesn't have the ability to write the data in real time into the mobile memory/ or a file and just can download the data stored in/from the GPS device?

If that's the fact I guess I need some "resistor type hack", although I have a more modern version of the board, and still haven't a found a post from anyone that has made it for my antenna-board.

I've also set it up on Ubuntu Linux, and seems to have the same problem(the J2SE standard version). It's no problem on the computer, because
    I already have tangoGPS working fine. But in the mobile phone I still haven't found anything similar to the BT747. (I just want to log the data, that's all, I'll see the maps later on the computer, any other solution?) Thanks ;-) The relevant data I can think of is:

LAPTOP

Linux Ubuntu 9.04 updated
    J2SE updated
    rfcomm0 bound to channel 1 of the bluetooth-antenna (with bind)

MOBILE PHONE

J2ME (.jar and also trien the .jad, but saw no difference)
    Sony Ericsson W595
    Bluetooth connection; virtual serial port, how to set it up? Isn't already set up anthough I receive the real-time data?

GPS antenna

Bluetooth connection
    Packager Model: Conceptronic CBTGPS32 (Bluetoorg GPS adapter 51 channel)
    Battery: Helix HX-N3650A-G
    Motherboard: Transystem Inc. 39601002D 02/13/2008 - NH 1S 94V-0 081 2 c369-2016
    Antenna: Cirocomm 585B
    Processor: MTK-ARM MT6601T 0815-8NSL DAJTGA AD3Q3C

• Mario De Weerd

Mario De Weerd - 2009-07-12

The CBTGPS32 is not a logger - it is a GPS reception module only.

As indicated here (:https://sourceforge.net/forum/message.php?msg_id=7497098 ), BT747 does not perform the logging.

Personnally I recommend a separate logger rather than using your phone for that (you will still consume energy in the Bluetooth connection).  You can have a look at http://www.qcontinuum.org/gpstrack/ for a mobile phone application that is capable of recording a track.

• José M Hernández

Thanks ;-) i'll have a look at it.

• Bernd Tro

Bernd Tro - 2009-07-12

Maybe it's enough for you to log the output via terminalprogram?