Auto log. How do I set it properly?

Help
2007-11-11
2013-05-02
  • Lino Barreca

Lino Barreca - 2007-11-11

Hi everyone. I have a 747.

I'm trying to set my device with this simple rule:
    "If the speed is over 10 km/h then log the position and speed every 50 meters."

I set the log speed to 10 and the distance to 50, I leave unchecked the time.

The device logs but the rule followed is this:
    "if the speed is over 10 km/h then log the position and speed EACH SECOND"
    It ignores the setting for the distance. What's wrong? Should I set something else?

Is there a way to properly configure the device?

Thank you for your help.

• Mario De Weerd

Mario De Weerd - 2007-11-11

With the iBlue 747, all the conditions are evaluated on each fix and when a condition is true, the position is logged.

So:

If a fix is available AND
      (   the time elapsed since the last log is at least TIME
      OR the speed is at least SPEED
      OR the distance since the last log is at least DISTANCE
      OR the button was pushed )
      then log the position.

Personally, I just set the distance condition.

In your case, at 10km/h, on another scale this is 2.78 m/s .  At that speed you would like to log one point every 18 seconds.
      If you have one fix per second, the speed over which you would log every point is 50m/s, which is 180km/h .

The extra positions that you would log at speeds lower than 10km/h is lower than 200 positions per hour or about 0.33 % of the memory capacity for typical settings.  At a speed of 5km/h (on foot), it would be just 100 positions per hour.

So, just set the distance condition, it will likely match your needs.  In some future you will be able to filter out the positions with a speed under 10km/h with the program on this site.

• Mario De Weerd

Mario De Weerd - 2007-11-11

You can now post-filter using the application.
      Version 1.10 includes filtering based on PDOP, VDOP, HDOP, recCount, distance, speed, ... .  The active conditions must all be valid (AND condition).