The much expected XML import of case types has finally arrived! As a bonus, it possible to use now the PNK as a graphical case type editor. Look for the editor in the bossa-pnk module in the download page.
Besides that, new administrative functions were added, including the much requested explicit create/close case. And a couple of bugs were fixed.
Bossa is a workflow engine written in Java. The engine is very fast and lightweight, uses a very expressive Petri net notation to define workflows, does not requires a RDBMS and is very simple to use and to integrate with java applications.
Actually, it was *designed* to be embedded. Therefore, Bossa is organized as a library to be used by server side applications
(especially web oriented ones) that need workflow services.
Bossa 0.8.0 "XML Rated", 2004-03-19
* Added the ability to read a case type as a PNML XML file generated by the PNK (http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/top/pnk/).
* Made the method to open a case public for administrative purposes and added the a option of setting the initial token count.
* Created a method to close a case for administrative purposes.
* Added the possibility of creating an engine with the historian disabled in BossaFactory.
* Added a method to read the case attributes.
* Bugfixes: historian case filtering, time source not serializable.