Menu

DBHOST not working for remote server

MJF
2006-03-12
2013-05-29
  • MJF

MJF - 2006-03-12

First of all, I'd like to thank wipe_out for this cleaver and intelligent script.

Backing up local DBs works like a charm.

But when I try to backup remote servers (DBHOST = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or DBHOST=mydomain.com), the script runs and creates the directory structure, but the daily folder has no content.

• Harley

Harley - 2006-03-12

Do you get anything in the error log?

Basically the only thing I can think of is that there is some communications error.. Try connecting to the mysql server from a command line on the server running the script using the same username and password used in the script to test that the communications isn't a problem..

• MJF

MJF - 2006-03-12

I found the problem.
      I forgot to place the backup server in the remote´s access host list.
      Now is working like a charm.

Once again, many thanks for this amazing script.

And now that I have the backup sql in another server (B), is it possible to automatically restore this sql to server (B), so I can have two DBs mirrored almost in real time ?

• Harley

Harley - 2006-03-13

You could enable the "LATEST" option on the backup script and then create another script to restore the latest backup to your second server..

Just call the restore script as a "POST" option in the configuration of the backup script or execute it with cron after the backup scripts has run..

• MJF

MJF - 2006-06-10

I added the "LATEST" option but the result file still is mydb_week.23.2006-06-10_17h37m.sql.gz so I can not automatize.

Is it possible to change the script so the result file name is always the same, lets says latest_mydb.sql.gz for instance?

This way I can add a cron job to run mysql -u -p mydb < latest_mydb.sql.gz