-50: Use a UAC aware process to enable right click search folder option
-32: Added ability to filter out results based on how many hits in the file occur (Search Options->Minimum File Count, default is 0)
-39: Added font size selection for the file listing area (Tools->Results Tab->File List)
-51: Added Copy/Select All to a context menu for the results window to select all text or copy selected text to clipboard.
-28: Added ability to search within the currently displayed results... read more
-37: Fix issue with Microsoft Word plugin that causes it to throw an error.
-36: Fix issue when parsing string representation of font on system that uses something other than . for decimal
-3: Option to save search settings on exit (Tools->General Tab->Save search options on exit.)
-FIX, 3482207: copy all result column data to clipboard
-CHG, 3098471: support v4.0 of .Net when only framework installed
-CHG, 3424154/1816655: allow multiple search paths to be entered, separate full paths by use of , (comma)
-CHG, 2078252: add ability to copy name, located in, and located in + name to clipboard
-CHG, 1955653: set focus to the search text field on startup
-CHG, 1947760: update the default exclude list to exclude images (.gif, .bmp, .png, .jpeg, .jgp)
-CHG, 1561584: add ability to skip hidden/system files/directories
-CHG, 3054576: add patch to exclude surrounding full file path with quotes when quotes are provided in the command line parameters for a text editor... read more
-FIX, display of search header not aligned properly
-CHG, remove filename regex textbox since not in use
-FIX, fix spelling of modified date start property in file filter interface
-FIX, remove default switch case in updating language to allow running with different language than english.
-CHG, update version to 4.2.1 for binary file and about dialog
-CHG, allow selection of back color for result hit in result file viewer
-FIX, 1779270: fully supports 10 context lines again
-CHG, changed english text for search option 'Recurse' to 'Search Subfolders'
-CHG, update internal code for grep library from recursive to searchinsubfolders property
-CHG, Microsoft Word plugin now handles *.docx file extensions
-FIX, 1778467: handle generic search error and resulting GUI state
-CHG, removed explicit use of the Microsoft Window's file path separator
-FIX, 1700029: the configuration files are now stored in the user's roaming folder
(Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\AstroGrep)
NOTE: You can move your configuration files to this location to keep your
current settings before starting AstroGrep for the first time or can
overwrite them after you start AstroGrep for the first time. Make sure
to close AstroGrep first though.
Also, using the /local command line switch will store the configuration files in the application's folder
-FIX, buggy code when saving window positions during maximize or minimize situations
-FIX, 1723815/1655533: whole word matching updated and corrected
-FIX, 1723814: highlighting of currently selected file updated when changing
-FIX, 1677004: search panel width updated properly when upgrading from a
-FIX, 1646328: only a single extension entry can exist... read more
-FIX, don't throw error on linux version when unloading plugins (thanks Ted)
-FIX, correctly report hit count when hit text found in first column
-FIX, updated Italian translation file with user submitted changes from Elisabetta (lisman)
-ADD, code updated to C#
-ADD, all settings are saved to file
-FIX, updated German translation file with user submitted changes from Andre Zschenker
FIX 1512029, Allow whole word and case sensitive searching using a Regular Expression
ADD 875831, Microsoft Word document search
- Added custom highlight color selection for results
- Added extension of drop down lists to display the full path
- Removed hardcoded text in the base search algorithm (AstroGrepBase.dll updated to v1.0.1)
- Skip over invalid directories in base search algorithm
- Added Count column to report how many hits in each file
- Fixed issue with Large Font display and search options being cut off
- Display message when unable to access a file
The latest version of AstroGrep (.Net) has been released in beta form. Here is the changelog
AstroGrep.Net v1.1 (v3.0.1 overall) has been released. Features include a couple of bug fixes, update command line arguments for the file editor, and the installer now adds a right click option to folders to search by AstroGrep.
An all new version of AstroGrep file searching utility has been release. It includes an updated interface and several new features.
Curtis Beard ported AstroGrep to .NET and along the way made a LOT of great improvements, check it out.
I have added a file "AstroGrep.exe" to the mix. This is simply the AstroGrep executable file. Some people cannot get the installer to work correctly, so this may enable them to get around that problem by forgoing the install process and just downloading the executable.
I have checked in changes to CVS so that when you resize AstroGrep, the forms resize as well.
I have also added ToolTips to explain the functions of the form elements (hopefully no one will find them annoying)
And finally fixed a bug where opening files in some editors (crimson for instance) didn't work correctly.
I will try to get a build up in the next week or so if I don't find anymore problems.
MRU lists on FileName and Search Expression.
Fixed very minor bugs.
Search for whole word only. This is implemented by doing a regular expression on a given line, and there are a few possible bugs here if the search expression has regular expression code in it. But so far I haven't experience any problems.