Menu

Video, VAD, and G.711 not working

2011-01-27
2012-12-07
  • Brian Forejt

Brian Forejt - 2011-01-27

Hi all!

Is there a trick to getting VAD working on a video conference when using G.711 audio?  I'm trying to see if this product would work for us in my company for a simple video conference bridge (As a feature server, not the core call control.)  I'm able to get DTMF switching working, but when I try to enable VAD it doesn't work as I would expect.  (Basically, it never switches unless a video caller hangs up.)  Speex is not an option for us because of the other equipment and software involved, unless I misunderstand something about Speex.  (My understanding is that it is a codec that would displace the use of G.711.)

I've tried many variations of the dial plan switches to no avail.  The current dial plan I am using is:

exten => _740X,1,Answer()
    exten => _740X,n,Wait(1)
    exten => _740X,n,Konference(testconf,Xzo,video_start_timeout=500,video_stop_timeout=500)
    exten => _740X,n,Hangup()

Callers are handed off from the call control servers to this box using a SIP trunk.

Any tips?  Like I said, the thing works just fine with DTMF, so I think all of the basics should be in place to allow VAD as well.

Thanks in advance!

-Brian

• Brian Forejt

Brian Forejt - 2011-02-01

I posted the wrong version of the dial plan, so I know that the X is wrong; should be an S.  I did my tests with switches "Szo", along with several other variations.

• Gumgam

Gumgam - 2011-10-19

Won't work also. Has wait for new versions but in 2.0 video not exist at all ((
    Using gsm/h263 codecs for conference.