Menu

Lightwave and DXF trouble

Pete
2013-10-12
2013-10-12
  • Pete

Pete - 2013-10-12

Hi.

I tried to import these https://duke.kenai.com/models/index.html lwo and dxf objects into AoI, but not with a lot of success. The PaperClipMonster comes in nicely, but of Tux there are only eyes left under a null object and Duke comes only as a null.

The dxf:s don't work at all, I only get an error message, that does not even say, what the error was.

The TeleFish version is telefishAOI by Kevin Lynn, v2.7.2 May 2009 , Size: 541kb

Does anybody else have these problems?

-P-

• Harald G

Harald G - 2013-10-12

Pete,

the Telefish plugin is rather outdated, and especially in regards to these "other" file formats it is not that good. One workaround I tried is to use Blender, import the DXF files (you have to activate the DXF import under preferences) and export it as obj.
    Beware - it also imports the skeletton as DXF lines.
    These lines will not export on OBJ export (or at least will not be imported into AoI).

HTH
    Harald

• Pete

Pete - 2013-10-12

Well, I guess the fileformats are not stationaly on the long run... It's a pity in a way, because in the LW files there are also all the textures defined. It'd be cool to get at least the colors extracted.