Menu

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:

A R
2010-05-17
2013-01-31
  • A R

A R - 2010-05-17

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils.join(Ljava/util/Collection;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/String;
    at net.sourceforge.ajaxtags.tags.OptionsBuilder.toString(OptionsBuilder.java:179)
    at net.sourceforge.ajaxtags.tags.AjaxTabPageTag.toString(AjaxTabPageTag.java:59)
    at net.sourceforge.ajaxtags.tags.AjaxTabPanelTag.addPage(AjaxTabPanelTag.java:85)
    at net.sourceforge.ajaxtags.tags.AjaxTabPageTag.doEndTag(AjaxTabPageTag.java:66)
    at jsp_servlet.index._jsptag1(index.java:241)
    at jsp_servlet.
    index._jsptag0(index.java:148)
    at jsp_servlet.index._jspService(index.java:105)
    at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:34)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper$ServletServiceAction.run(StubSecurityHelper.java:227)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.StubSecurityHelper.invokeServlet(StubSecurityHelper.java:125)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:292)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.onAddToMapException(ServletStubImpl.java:408)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:318)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.execute(ServletStubImpl.java:175)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:3594)
    at weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
    at weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:121)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.securedExecute(WebAppServletContext.java:2202)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.execute(WebAppServletContext.java:2108)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.run(ServletRequestImpl.java:1432)
    at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
    at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)

Team,
    I have tried deploying the demo war on 2 diff. servers (OC4J + weblogic 10+) and I still get this error.

I have moved the commons-lang-2.4.jar to the web-inf/lib folder restarted the server and still gives me the same error.

I would love to know if:
    1. you experienced the same issue
    2. MORE IMPORTANTLY - how it was solved.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

• A R

A R - 2010-05-17

Well…no sooner I posted, then I figured it out…

I needed to prepend commons-lang-2.4.jar to the classpath (using MyEclipse).  I do not know why the Demo war file did not work out of the box on my servers.

tnxs to all.