Learn how easy it is to sync an existing GitHub or Google Code repo to a SourceForge project! See Demo

Close

#276 Layout broken on 3.6.x

3.6.1
closed-fixed
Jakub Vrána
Common (150)
5
2012-12-02
2012-09-27
beholder
No

Hi
I've download new version (3.6.1) and it's layout is broken (3.6.0 too, 3.5.0 is ok) in Opera, FF, IE. Please see attachment screen.

Discussion

  • beholder
    beholder
    2012-09-27

     
    Attachments
  • Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-01

    I tried the 3.6.1-dev, 3.6.1-mysql.php, and the 3.6.1.php on FF 15.0.1 and IE 9.

    I did NOT see any layout issues with any of those versions with those two browsers.

     
  • beholder
    beholder
    2012-10-02

     
    Attachments
  • beholder
    beholder
    2012-10-02

    Well, I don't know how that can be, but I see this bug on all compiled versions: adminer-3.6.1.php and adminer-3.6.1-en.php. On dev version - everything is ok.
    I've attached another screenshot (adminer-bug.png). Problem is in the CSS: in compiled version '#content' has no styles. Dev version has them and compiled inline styles has CSS only for #menu but not for #content.

    I could not give you a link to my site, but I tried at different hosts - everywhere layout is broken on compiled version.

     
  • beholder
    beholder
    2012-10-02

    I tried in Firefox 15.0.1, Opera 12.02 and IE9.

     
  • Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-02

    I still don't see that artifact. I also cleared the cache and history to ensure there wasn't anything lingering information, but I cannot reproduce that artifact with either browser. [this time, I only checked with the adminer-3.6.1.php file]

    Any other suggestions to reproduce? We might have to see if others make reports.

     
  • Paul
    Paul
    2012-10-03

    I have an image to show where the CSS #content has information [include adminer in the background], but I can't seem to add it because I'm not the reportee.

     
  • beholder
    beholder
    2012-10-03

    I think, I've found what caused this bug.

    First, I tried adminer on my third host - and it's worked OK. On my previous hosts I've set PHP ini settings: "mbstring.func_overload = 2" and "mbstring.internal_encoding = utf-8". This is requirement for one russian CMS to work with UTF. On my third host this setting is not set. So, problem in mbstring.func_overload, which overloads string functions to mbstring analogs.

    In the page source I see that CSS file is trimmed - it returns just part of the real file. I think it's because of the new adminer function "lzw_decompress" (in 3.5.x CSS content wasn't compressed and worked OK) that works incorrectly with "func_overload" setting.

    I tried to change this string in lzw_decompress function:

    for ($i=0; $i < strlen($binary); $i++) {

    to this:

    for ($i=0; $i < mb_strlen($binary, '8bit'); $i++) {

    It's kind a works - now CSS file outputs fully, but it has some strange symbols. For example "background" changed to "b`kground". I think that workaround is more complicated. There is a link, but it has no answer: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10370067/php-multibyte-utf-8-strings-are-slowly-degrading

    Problem is "mbstring.func_overload" can be set only on server level - not in .htaccess. So I can't use compiled version of adminer on my sites with such settings.

    I want to ask is "lzw_decompress" really needed for compiled version?

     

  • Anonymous
    2012-10-09

    nd is often a creator in addition to professional with transplantation software programs which includes bone tissue marrow, cornea, kidney in addition to hard working liver transplants. Invested in superiority plus proper care connected with the individuals, Michael jordan Infirmary offers condominiums with regard to.
    http://hansikier2.ehost-services147.com/Images/zozo.asp

     
    Last edit: Anonymous 2015-03-27
  • Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-12-02

    • status: open --> closed-fixed
     
  • Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-12-02

    Thanks for analyzing the bug.

     
  • Jakub Vrána
    Jakub Vrána
    2012-12-02

    Thank you for the report, I've fixed it in Git. You can download the "Current development version" from http://www.adminer.org/#download