Costing Method not Supported

siva kumar
2010-04-06
2013-03-07
  • siva kumar

siva kumar - 2010-04-06

Hi, All
    I am facing a costing problem in Adempiere 354a

After Completing the Manufacturing Order , In Order Receipt & Issue when  Generate Issue  I am facing the problem like   " Costing method not supported - I " .

and one more is,  When I select Delivery Rule as "Only Receipt" , some fields values are displayed and some fields values  are not displayed..

Please, give me help.

Thanks & Regards

• Victor Perez Juarez

Hi Siva!

Currently ADempiere Manufacturing functionality only implement the standard costing method, so you need change the method costing into the account schema.

kind regards
    Victor Perez
    www.e-evolution.com

• siva kumar

siva kumar - 2010-04-07

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your reply..I changed the Costing Method as " Standard Costing " in Account Schema..Now it is OK..I added another 3 fields in Order Receipt & Issue.when I generate Issue it shows the Error like " Index 5, Size:5 ". Please give me help…

Thanks & Regards..

• iori

iori - 2010-05-10

Hello,

I've encountered an error after changing the costing method to Standard.
    This is the error:

* Not found * M_Cost_ID - AcctSchema[1000000-CFM US/A/US Dollar], MCostElement[1000000-Standard Costing,Type=M,Method=S]

What does this mean? I cannot find any forum that answers this question.

Thanks in advance!

Iori

• Teo Sarca

Teo Sarca - 2010-05-10

Hi,

In that case, you will need to run Manufacturing Management -> Standard Costing Management -> Create Element process that will create all need cost records (M_Cost).
    In order to have proper costing setup for manufacturing, we need to have one M_Cost record for each cost dimension that we use (cost dimension = combination of product, org, acct schema, cost element, cost type).

Best regards,
    Teo Sarca

• iori

iori - 2010-05-11

Hello,

I've tried what you suggested and had a result of Created#1/2
    Then I tried Order Receipt & Issue again, and still end up with same problem.

What do you think happened?
    Just in case this did something; I used a 3rd party program to help me load all products in product table, for the mandatory fields I used the IDs of records I created in ADempiere. It was successful. Based on your explanation, do you think this also created a problem? All I did was insert records from excel in ADempiere database, unless upon creation of products there are costs that are also being created.

Thanks in advance again!

Iori

• iori

iori - 2010-05-11

To add:

I tried creating a new product not using that 3rd party software (an ETL, which directly inserts to M_Product)
    And it works, so i'm positive that in the process of creating a product, it also creates a record related to M_Cost,
    what kind of process is that so I can populate that too.

Thanks a lot!

Iori

• Teo Sarca

Teo Sarca - 2010-05-11

Hi,

When using ETL to insert/update directly in adempiere tables you must know everything what is behind because you are working directly in the heart of the system.
    A safer approach but not so fast is to use ETL to insert data into your import product table (I_Product) and use the adempiere process to import those records to M_Product table.

Now back to your issue, please try to run that Create Cost Elements process and give proper process parameters (e.g.the product with issues/problem, the required organization, costing element etc). It should work.
    Technical: If u still have problems, then maybe you will get a quick guide if you investigate the code from org.eevolution.process.CreateCostElement.doIt()… maybe some breakpoints will help.

Best regards,
    Teo Sarca