Menu

Bravo - The recent download is working APwise

Phil
2008-02-26
2013-02-17
  • Phil

Phil - 2008-02-26

I want to thank all of the project team for realizing such a great job! I have been fighting other chipsets for two months now trying to get my home wireless up and running. Finally I have an AP that is functioning, from what I can see after an hour, well. Although my linux side is up with the AP I am still struggling to get the laptop to run. I have two chips on the laptop the ralink rt2500 and the Realtek 8196, which neither are up and running as well as they should. I will be working out the kinks and should have the laptop linux side up shortly. You see the Realtek will not operate and the Ralink will only operate up to now in the Managed mode. It was operative until they put it into the mainline kernel, something about meeting standards.
    I had this board, with the acx111,  in another PC and since the last round didn't work well I had put it away, hoping to see some movement in this project. Well today looking into this project, there it was another chance to try and get something working. This really went too easy, I am hoping that the warnings will not come to rise, but for now I am a really happy camper. Thanks folks for all your hard and diligent, as well as volunteer work. This is what makes the overall linux movement to continue to move forward.

Thanks.

Phil

• Phil

Phil - 2008-02-26

These are the only errors that I perceive executing the dmesg command.

wlan0: tx error 0x20, buf 15!
      wlan0: recalibrating radio
      wlan0: successfully recalibrated radio
      wlan0: tx error 0x20, buf 00!
      wlan0: tx error 0x20, buf 01!

Still up and I have now added wep encoding.