user2091755 - 2008-07-01

Dear all,

I am new to Abbot. So I apologize for any stupidity of my question up front. :o)

The Abbot framework together with its Costello front-end seems to provide a great solution for my needs. I am interested in GUI testing of Eclipse/OSGi applications. The application uses Swing (no SWT), but is based on the Eclipse/Equinox implementation of the OSGi framework. To be able to reference the OSGi bundles/jars from Costello, I copied all Costello files to the application's root directory and started Costello with the Eclipse jar in the classpath (java -cp costello.jar;plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.0.v20070606.jar abbot.editor.Costello). When I try to start the main method of the OSGi application within Costello (className=org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main; arguments=org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main [-application,my.test.application]), I get errors from the Eclipse framework:

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved. Reason: Missing Permission: (org.osgi.framework.PackagePermission org.eclipse.osgi.frame
import), Missing Constraint: Import-Package: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.log; version="0.0.0"
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:305)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:350)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework.resumeBundle(Framework.java:1118)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:634)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:508)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:282)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLevelManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:468)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:195)
        at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:297)

Could it be that Costello installs permissions that prevent the Eclipse framework from replacing the class loader?

Any help on this topic would be highly appreciated.

Thanks, Jacek