Menu

Suggestions

Help
Wing Suit
2003-02-12
2003-04-01
  • Wing Suit

Wing Suit - 2003-02-12

1st of all, as are all gtk+2 apps, so is this one beautiful.

but..

i'd work on the interface some more.
    * conversation window - there is no need for the Send button to be that HUGE, it just wastes space - i'd appreciate having an option to hide it completely 'cause i _never_ use it.

also, send file and invite user - buttons could be in the same row with the others (block, emoticons etc), preferably on a toolbar wich i could move or disable completely.

and i can't figure out, what the hell is that dropdown box for!?! i only see persons nick and email there...

timestamp nicname says: \n text

could you please make it configurable? i hate that "says" and also the newline, it takes way too much space :)

ok, these were my first thoughts - have been trying it for like...hmm...lets say 10 minutes.

anyway, great work guys! keep it going, i see a lot of potential here...

• Jasper van Veghel

Your suggestions have been taken into consideration and will be further evaluated, well, when I get some free time (Very busy with my new job lately) to _finally_ start doing some work on Aapje again, actually, that would be starting today, your changes won't be the first on the list though, there's still a whole TODO list we should work through first before we start thinking about layout changes again.

Also, in answer to your question what the dropdown box is for, it displays all users in a chat, and will start a new conversation if one doesn't exist already (In case of a multiple-user chat, when you're chatting with for instance two more people, you can also start seperate conversations with them) upon clicking on them. However, the window currently expands to the size of the nickname, which is pretty annoying, this is one of the first things on the TODO that's scheduled to be fixed, so keep a close watch on CVS commits.

Hope this helps.

- Jasper