Menu

Get IMDb does not work for Importing XLS

2007-05-06
2013-02-12
  • Matthias Ihmig

Matthias Ihmig - 2007-05-06

In the import dialog, enabling the switch "Get IMDb Info" does not work for importing xls. (it _does work for txt).

Importing XLS, it takes about 3-5s per movie line, so it looks like an lookup is done, but there are no general fields filled in.

We could also just remove this "Get IMDb" completely and let the user use an "Update IMDb" after the import finished.

Matthias

• Bro

Bro - 2007-05-06

Sure, that is not a bad idea.

Bro

• Matthias Ihmig

Matthias Ihmig - 2007-05-06

I just noticed, that the "Update IMDb" dialog does not have these 3 option "Show list, select first, select first if only one". Don't they apply here (at least, when the IMDb field is empty) ?

Matthias

• Bro

Bro - 2007-05-06

Yeah, I guess you're right.

I really hate the IMDBDialog class as it's ugly as H***.
        It's simply a total mess. But I guess it's possible to have these options there as well.

Bro

• Matthias Ihmig

Matthias Ihmig - 2007-05-07

Well, then I'd say whatever is easier - fixing IMDb import for xls or including the 3 options for Update IMDb...

Matthias

• Matthias Ihmig

Matthias Ihmig - 2007-05-08

I tried to look into that IMDb with Excel import, but I don't look through all these different "Import" classes. they all seem somehow dependent, but I'm a little lost how they actually work together and where the error might be.

Could you help out here?

Matthias

• Bro

Bro - 2007-05-08

Well..the problem here is that I first introduced threads when I implemented the database converter.
      I used an example from sun's pages, and it's unnecessarily 'complex' I'd say.

When I started using that I just copied that for the importers.
      I think I could do it better now, but it already works...uhh...

I've been looking into CSV import and as soon as I get the CSV library working correctly it's done.
      I'll look at the excel import as well.

Bro

• Matthias Ihmig

Matthias Ihmig - 2007-05-08

Ah, I see. Well, no problem, as long as I don't have to change it :-)

Thanks,

Matthias

• Matthias Ihmig

Matthias Ihmig - 2007-05-09