SourceForge.net provides statistics for tracking and trending project activity (user visits, posts to Tracker, downloads, etc.).
- Project statistics may be accessed using the "Statistics" menu option under the "Develop" dropdown menu on any project's Develop page.
- The statistics system permits the viewing of data with a selectable time period.
- Graphs of project activity are provided, helping you visually identify trends.
What benefit does statistics data provide to my project?
- Publicity: High project download stats and will list project in our top projects listing and move the project toward the top of the listings for search results sorted by popularity.
- Self-Evaluation: Projects may use the statistics to determine whether overall product usage is increasing or declining, and help gauge buzz about new releases.
- SourceForge.net Feature Usage: Statistics allow projects to trend their project activity on a per-feature basis, which helps in the evaluation of which project features should be enabled to best meet the needs of the project.
- Project Growth: Project teams love the encouragement they receive from active use of their software.
- Capacity Needs: How does SourceForge.net help you? SourceForge.net project services are provided free of charge. The download and project web activity pages will give you an idea of the volume of traffic you are serving through our servers, and how that compares to other, similar projects hosted on SourceForge.net.
Project logos may be displayed on external web sites in order to have our statistics engine count such pages. Use of the provided logo image is only permitted for use on project-related pages on external hosted web sites, or on pages served from project web space.