Welcome to the jAER Open Source Project
Real time sensory-motor processing for event-based sensors and systems
As of 15 March 2013 the trunk code base subversion URL is svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/jaer/code/trunk. Remember to check out in a new empty folder. Users with existing working copies need to relocate their working copies using the new root URL svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/jaer/code from the old root URL of jaer.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jaer. This old svn repository is now read-only.
See wiki:TitleIndex for a TOC of pages. The main pages are:
Welcome and introduction
Installation and usage
- Software Installation - installing (actually checking out) jAER using version control
- Driver installation - installing USB drivers
- JAEViewer Usage - basic user guide for newcomers
- Developer setup - mainly for netbeans, the preferred environment.
Algorithm and interface development
- Adding new event filters and processing algorithms - most developers will be doing this.
- Adding new chips - if you have a new hardware device that uses an existing hardware interface.
- Adding new hardware interfaces - if you have a new type of hardware interface, e.g. based on USB, UDP, etc.
- Real-time processing - comments about how events can be processed within the hardware data acquisition thread to achieve ms latency.
- Interfacing to jAER - about sending and receiving events over UDP or TCP.
- Preferences - how the current state is saved and restored in Java Preferences.
- List of Event Processing Filters - An (extensive) index of event-processing filters that have been made over the years. Before making a filter, it's a good idea to search here for what's been done already.
- Sample AER data - mostly from the DVS128 silicon retina. Externally hosted.
- Dynamic Vision Sensor (DVS) - wiki for the Dynamic Vision Sensor cameras.
- The eDVS - user guide for Jorg Conradt's "embedded Dynamic Vision Sensor" (or eDVS) camera.
- AER-EAR event-based silicon cochleas - wiki for silicon cochleas.
- Cables and pin specifications - AER cabling guide showing the Rome and CAVIAR standards.
- Reference hardware designs - reference designs for AER interfaces.
- Bias generators - design kits for on-chip bias generator circuits, for AMS 0.35u and UMC 180nm processes.
- FAQ - frequently asked questions about jAER.
- Javadoc - API documentation snapshot, likely very outdated. Developers should regenerate after setting up development environment.
- Forums - this is the preferred support channel; see posts here first. Use the Help forum if you have problems. Use the Developer forum to discuss developments.
- Bugs, Features - issue tracker. Deprecated - use the Help forum above.
Other external links