* This translation unit implements routines which are private to
* the implementation and may be used throughout it.
* Pthreads-win32 - POSIX Threads Library for Win32
* Copyright(C) 1998 John E. Bossom
* Copyright(C) 1999,2005 Pthreads-win32 contributors
* Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* The current list of contributors is contained
* in the file CONTRIBUTORS included with the source
* code distribution. The list can also be seen at the
* following World Wide Web location:
* This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
* modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
* License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
* version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
* This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
* Lesser General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
* License along with this library in the file COPYING.LIB;
* if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc.,
* 59 Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA
ptw32_threadDestroy (pthread_t thread)
ptw32_thread_t * tp = (ptw32_thread_t *) thread.p;
if (tp != NULL)
* Copy thread state so that the thread can be atomically NULLed.
memcpy (&threadCopy, tp, sizeof (threadCopy));
* Thread ID structs are never freed. They're NULLed and reused.
* This also sets the thread to PThreadStateInitial (invalid).
/* Now work on the copy. */
if (threadCopy.cancelEvent != NULL)
#if ! (defined(__MINGW64__) || defined(__MINGW32__)) || defined (__MSVCRT__) || defined (__DMC__)
* See documentation for endthread vs endthreadex.
if (threadCopy.threadH != 0)
} /* ptw32_threadDestroy */