Just an idea, but are you scanning at 300dpi? Could you check with a lower resolution? 200, or even 100dpi?
Hi Jeffrey, I can confirm step one works for me. Switching to scanimage and 300dpi is working again. Have to wait for the whole document to be finished before I can downgrade to 1.8.2. Is there anywhere where I can easily find 1.8.2 and 1.8.3/4?
Further update. I deleted my .local/gscan2pdfrc to make sure it wasn't due to a weird configuration I had introduced. But alas. No change. Then I changed the only setting I had touched. I am scanning normally ad 300dpi, Reducing it to 75 the problem disappears. At 100 and 200 scanning becomes slower, but still works. it looks like there is a time out on the transfer of the scanned page at 300 dpi that is triggering this. I'm just not sure why this is hitting me now and not in the past.
Hi Peter, thanks for confirming my bug and spotting the duplicate already. It seems indeed the same problem. Fortunately it is only cosmetic. The profile is selected correctly as far as I can see. It is only not displayed anymore.
I checked some more. Scanningsexy via xsane works. Also multiple pages. So it seems to be gscan2pdf specific. Im on1.8.7 btw
Great! Thank you very much!
Error processing with Tesserarct: Detected 99 Diacritics
ADF scanning error after 1 page