0 A.D. (pronounced "zero ey-dee") is a cross-platform real-time strategy (RTS) game of ancient warfare. It's a historically-based war/economy game that allows players to relive or rewrite the history of ancient civilizations, each depicted at their peak of economic growth and military prowess.
- Completely Free (to download, play, and modify)
- Open Source (Code under GPL2, Artwork under CC-BY-SA v3)
- Cross Platform (Windows, Linux, OS X, partial Android support)
- An Open Source, custom built 3D Engine called Pyrogenesis
- Historically accurate civilisation buildings, units and names
- Built-in unit and map customisation tool called Atlas
- Finely detailed environments with fauna/flora native to each terrain
- Offline single player mode or LAN/Online multiplayer gaming
- Mods support (drop in replacements to create new UI and game behaviour)
Great game, essentially a free and open-source version of Age of Empires III. Its only limitation is that I think it should have an in-built demo mode to show beginners how to play the game effectively. Granted users can search for a video demo in YouTube, but still I think this would improve the game. Plus I also think that pressing the Esc key should pause the game, it's a popular keyboard shortcut for pausing games (e.g., it's used by OpenRA).
A very high quality game, looks as good as any commercial game, but it's open source and free! The frame rate is very fast. It's not written in a slow language like java or C# which seems to be popular with a lot games nowadays.
This game is every good, but when i when on i was expecting a small tutorial on how to control the game and when i was attacked by the computer, it seemed unfair due to the amount of warriors that come at once. however the game itself was brilliant and very detailed, i would commander this to friends!
Great! Could use a tutorial to help get started, but other than that great features! For anyone with problems not seeing their mouse, try to navigate your way to the options, and select windowed mode, this will make your mouse visible. I was easily able to do this as I have a touch screen.
I have a problem to load