YTD2 is a free Java application for downloading youtube videos as flv/mp4 files. Should run on all platforms where Java is supported. GNU General Public License V3. Using hc.apache.org components. Based on the idea of "ytd" by rafalfr
- written purely in Java
- usable with mouse only
- runnable without GUI window (CLI only)
- starts multiple threads for download
- supports HTTP proxy via http_proxy env. var
- selectable video resolution/format to download
- no need to install (you are not forced to download a suspicious exe-file)
- no hidden features - its open source and freeware
YTD2 is a lightweight top performing application - Zero install options or adds. There are no restrictions. Downloaded vid's instantly. The others suggest the build needs a coat of paint and I agree but it works 100% as is. Thanks guys, good job.
Great, simple interface to grab youtube videos for educational use. Wish it would get 1080p versions, but at least it gets the 720p versions when "HD" is selected.
Lightweight, easy to use, fast and free in any way.... i love it!
I am grateful for your contribution.