YTD2 is a free Java application for downloading youtube videos as flv/mp4 files. Should run on all platforms where Java is supported. GNU General Public License V3. Using hc.apache.org components. Based on the idea of "ytd" by rafalfr
- written purely in Java
- usable with mouse only
- runnable without GUI window (CLI only)
- starts multiple threads for download
- supports HTTP proxy via http_proxy env. var
- selectable video resolution/format to download
- no need to install (you are not forced to download a suspicious exe-file)
- no hidden features - its open source and freeware
Follow java YouTube video Downloader (ytd2)
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
please add a bug report rather than a review if ytd2 does not what you want. Google changes things from time to time ... this has nothing to do with ytd2
Does not download any youtube video's. Youtube link entered but nothing downloads!
YTD2 is a lightweight top performing application - Zero install options or adds. There are no restrictions. Downloaded vid's instantly. The others suggest the build needs a coat of paint and I agree but it works 100% as is. Thanks guys, good job.
I prefer to use YouTube by Click It's easier to use Supports many video site and youtube playlists Google search for "YouTube by Click" thats the first result
Excellent youtube downloader I have experienced so far.