README file for Xymon
What is it ?
Xymon is a system for monitoring your network servers and
applications. It is heavily inspired by the Big Brother
tool, but is a complete re-implementation with a lot of added
functionality and performance improvements. A slightly more
detailed rationale for Xymon is in the docs/about.html file.
Changes from 4.3.2 -> 4.3.3 (6 May 2011)
* SECURITY FIX: Some CGI parameters were used to construct
filenames of historical logfiles without being sanitized,
so they could be abused to read files on the webserver.
* SECURITY FIX: More cross-site scripting vulnerabilities.
* Remove extra "," before "History" button on status-view
* Critical view: Shring priority-column to 10% width
* hosts.cfg loader: Check for valid IP spec (nibbles in
0-255 range). Large numbers in a nibble were accepted,
triggering problems when trying to ping the host.
* Alert macros no longer limited to 8kB