* * * Release notes for Xymon 4.3.14 * * *
In previous Xymon versions, a client-only configuration (i.e. one
configured with "./configure --client") would place the client
files in a "client" subdirectory below the directory specified
during configuration. This is the same directory layout as a server
installation, where the server and client parts of Xymon are
in separate subdirectories.
In 4.3.14, the default has changed so a client-only installation
now installs in the directory given during the configure-step.
The "/client" has been eliminated, so if you are upgrading an
existing client you must either move the old client installation
one level up from the "client/" directory, or change the Makefile
generated by "configure --client" and add "/client" to the
The SNI support added in 4.3.13 causes problems with some older
webservers, whose SSL implementation cannot handshake correctly
when SNI is used. The failed handshake causes Xymon to report
the site as down. In 4.3.14, the default is changed so SNI is
disabled. A new "--sni" option was added to xymonnet to control the
default setting, and two new tags "sni" and "nosni" can be used in
hosts.cfg to control SNI for each host that is tested.
* * * Changes in Xymon 4.3.14 * * *
* Fix critical ack not working for hosts where the display-name is
set (via "NAME:" tag). From Any Smith.
* SNI (Server Name Indication) causes some SSL connections to fail
due to server-side buggy SSL implementations. Add "sni" and "nosni"
flags to control SNI for specific hosts, and "--sni" option for
xymonnet to control the default. Reported by Mark Felder.
* Fix build process to fully obey any XYMONTOPDIR setting from the
top-level Makefile. NOTE: Client-only builds no longer install the
client in a "client/" subdirectory below XYMONHOME.
* Fix showgraph so it silently ignores stale rrdctl files when trying
to flush RRD data before showing a graph.
* Fix xymond_alert crashing when trying to strip <cr> characters
from the alert message. Bug introduced in 4.3.13.
* Fix Solaris client to report memory even when no swap is configured.
* Fix bug where alerts that were initially suppressed due to TIME
restrictions are delayed until REPEAT interval expires.
* Fix crash in xymonlaunch when trying to find tasks.cfg
* Fix HTML generated by acknowledge.cgi (missing '>')
* Fix Linux client reporting garbled client data if top output ends
without a new-line (causes CPU load and other vmstat graphs to
* Fix Debian installation so it enables Apache mod_rewrite
* Fix merge-lines utility crashing when first line was an include
* Fix "make install" failing when server/www/help was a symlink
* Document existing OPTIONAL setting in analysis.cfg for file-checks
on files which may not exist.
* Document existing CLASS setting in alerts.cfg
* Add new INFOCOLUMNGIF and TRENDSCOLUMNGIF settings so the icons
used for these pages are configurable.
* Enhance Solaris client to correctly handle Solaris zones.
* Add new search facilities to xymond to select hosts with the
'xymondboard' and 'hostinfo' commands.
* New --ack-each-color option for xymondd changes ack behaviour so a
yellow ack does not apply when status changed to red, but a red ack
applies if status goes yellow
* New "headermatch" tag for http tests so content checks can look at
HTTP headers in addition to the HTML body.
* Use system-wide c-ares library. The pre-built Debian packages now
require the "libc-ares2" package.