Release 4.3.13 is a maintenance release for Xymon 4.
In addition to a number of fixes, it has a number of enhancements:
- Support for TLS SNI (Server Name Indication), used on websites
with several SSL certificates on the same server.
- Support for non-GIF image files on the Xymon webpages.
Full list of changes:
* Fixes to FreeBSD client code, from Mark Felder (FreeBSD maintainer)
* Fix crash on "client" data sent via status channel when host is unknown
* Strip carriage-return from text sent to mail alerts, to avoid mail
programs treating the message as binary and putting it in an attachment
* xymonnet network tester supports Server Name Indication (SNI) for SSL
enabled virtual websites.
* HTTP tests now use "Cache-control" header for HTTP/1.1 (default) and
"Pragma" for HTTP/1.0, so it is protocol compliant.
* netbios-ssn, snpp and lpd protocol.cfg entries (Tom Schmidt)
* "temperature" status strips html tags from sensor names (Tom Schmidt)
* Extra "total network I/O" line on ifstat graph (Tom Schmidt)
* New "backfeed" queue for high-speed transmission of Xymon status updates
between modules located on the same server as xymond. Note: This is
disabled by default, see the README.backfeed file.
* New "extcombo" message type allows for combo messages of all types
(usually "status" and "data").
* Status webpage will return an HTTP error code for invalid requests
instead of reporting an Ok status (some log analysis tools warn
about attack attempts when an 'OK' status is reported).
* New setting IMAGEFILETYPE removes hardcoded ".gif" on the various
image-files in the "gifs" directory. Directory name is unchanged, though.
* FreeBSD: Change from maintainer to enable building with CLANG.
* New modifier for https tests for selecting only TLSv1 as protocol
* CGI's now return a proper HTTP status code in case of errors (e.g. "404"
when requesting a status for a non-existing host).
* Fix problem with xymond_rrd dying if an external processors crashes
(from J. Cleaver)
* Fix configure/build problem with detecting POSIX realtime-clock functions.
* Fix for FreeBSD 5+ vmstat reporting (from Jeremy Laidman)
* Fix for "make install" not setting correct file/directory permissions
* Re-add the "--hf-file" option for criticalview CGI (removed in 4.3.7)