Get a free discrete and efficient solution to backup your VMWare ESXi hosts.
Download link: http://33hops.com/xsibackup-vmware-esxi-backup.html
VMWare backup and replication for ESXi vSphere virtual machines to datastore or differential over IP. No agents, self capable, runs in the hypervisor host, ESXi 5.1, ESXi 5.5 & ESXi 6.0 compatible, hot backups.
Free VMWare backup solution for the ESXi hypervisor. Linux style command line tool. Crontab with configurable disk space autoprovision, set the room you want to reserve for your backups and rotate them.
Full backups may be done with vmkfstools or by means of Rsync and its Delta algorithm (read: http://33hops.com/blog_xsibackup-rsync-considerations.html), to a local datastore or over TCP/IP tunneled through SSH, so any transfer over IP is secure.
- VMWare Backup, works with ESXi Free version.
- Command line tool with real time output. Self contained, no dependencies, highly efficient, uses very little resources.
- Hot backups with disk quiescing, no downtime.
- Differential delta backups, local and over TCP/IP, by means of Rsync
- Instant differential backups, copy just changed blocks (Pro version), no checksum wait.
- Automatic provisioning of space by deleting the older folders.
- Detailed report per virtual machine (speed, shutdown, boot, space provisioning, times, etc...)
- Cron programmable.
- Unattended backups of ESXi servers.
- Customizable design
- Integrate with other systems
Great tool, works very well. Support is super fast in response (2hours) and this on a FREE product!!
It works great on ESXi 6.0.
What if there are several disks on a different datastores ? seems like the script finds them all but cloning to the backup location only the last one found as the others are overwritten by it. if that's the case, then this is bad. correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks
It works very well and the reactivity of the author seems to be great. A must have !
Pretty good software,as every others it can be better. Support is great.