Wipe Free Space securely erases the free space on file systems to prevent recovery of deleted sensitive data. Supports Ext2/3/4, NTFS, XFS, ReiserFSv3/4, FAT12/16/32, MinixFS1/2, JFS, HFS/HFS+, OCFS. See http://wipefreespace.sf.net, http://libsecrm.sf.net.
- Supports many filesystem types.
- Doesn't reduce the free space when working.
- Wipes data like the shred program, but supports other algorithms, too.
- Has a verbose mode with progress bars and a quiet mode with no output.
- Customisable as to the algorithm and the number of wiping passes.
- Portable, should compile on many Un*x systems.
- Has a GUI written in Java (should run on most systems).
Wipefreespace is good! Thanks.