WinTail is a freeware Tail for Windows tool, capable of simulating the LINUX / UNIX tail command, including extra features offered by the Windows GUI concept.
Includes features such as SMTP and sound notifications of specific keywords found within the files being monitored by a sort of grep functionalty.
This tool is compatible with all 32bit/64bit Windows platforms both client and server.
- Monitor multiple files simultaneously
- Intuitive graphic user interface
- Grep-Like feature of one or more terms with keywords highlights
- Tabbed UI / Non tabbed UI are available
- Drag and drop your files to tail them quickly and easily
- Support Ansi and UTF8 encodings
- Email reports of the matching keywords found within the input file
- Sound alerts when the matching keywords are found within the input file
- Real-time file viewing
- Follow tail mode (like tail -f on Unix)
- View files of any size (> 2GB)
- Export to an external file all application registry settings
- Portable version: no installer
- Command-line arguments are accepted
- Check for updates included
Reads very large files. Low memory footprint. Works great for tailing logs.
Great application with SMTP support!