WinMerge is a Windows tool for visual difference display and merging, for both files and directories. It is highly useful for determining what has changed between file versions, and then merging those changes. WinMerge has Unicode support, Flexible syntax coloring editor, Visual SourceSafe integration, and Windows Shell integration. Regexp filtering for filenames and lines. Side-by-side line difference and highlights differences inside lines. A file map shows the overall file differences in a location pane. The user interface is translated into several languages.
- Visual differencing and merging of text files
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap
- Highlights differences inside lines
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
- Location pane shows map of files compared
- Moved lines detection
- Compare folders in one level or recursive
- Can show folder compare results flat or in a tree-style view
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items
- Compares binary files in folder compare as well as text files
- Shell Integration (supports 64-bit Windows versions)
- Archive file support using 7-Zip
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates
- Creates patch files (Normal-, Context- and Unified formats)
- Easy to Use and Fully Customizable to Your Business
- Relational Customer Database and Best in Class SLAs
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Hi, have you got any email to report you translation typos of your main site page, because this site accepts only bugs caused at the very program with configuration?
I downloaded to compare .iso files. On first use, it didn't do what I needed, ergo down vote. It may be great for smaller files, but the 2GB limit sucks, and it's therefore unusable for my purposes.
I wanted to compare some large files (~4 GB) but received a message stating that the limit was 2 GB.
This program appeared to be just what I needed and it might be if I could install it. I've tried 4 or 5 times now and each time when it's mid-way extracting files, that's it. It just stops. I can't click on the window and move it, minimize it, close it, cancel it. The progress bar still does its cutesy thing but I have to go to the task manager to stop it. And now I've got useless junk stuck somewhere in my computer and I can't get rid of it. I can't even find how to report this issue as a bug. What a pain!!! From what I can see most people have been able to use it so I don't know what the problem is trying to install it on my system. I've never had a problem like this before. I have a 64-bit AMD processor and I'm running Windoze 7.
nice program to compare folders, I recommend it!