Reference management, bibliography management, citations and a whole lot more.
Designed by academics for academics, under continuous development since 2003, and used by both individuals and major research institutions worldwide, WIKINDX is a single or multi-user Virtual Research Environment (an enhanced on-line bibliography manager) storing searchable references, notes, files, citations, ideas, and more. Plugins include a citation style editor, import/export of bibliographies (BibTeX, Endnote, RIS etc.), and a WYSIWYG word processor exporting formatted articles to RTF. WIKINDX supports multiple attachments with each reference, multiple language localizations, and uses a template system to allow users to visually integrate WIKINDX into their sites.
WIKINDX runs on a web server giving you and your research group ownership and global access from any web-enabled device. You manage your database, you own your data.
WIKINDX can be test-driven at: http://wikindx.com/wikindx4
- Import/export from other bibliographic systems
- Plugin WYSIWYG word processor
- Save quotes, paraphrases, ideas etc. like index cards
- Single or multi-user options
- Comprehensive and flexible search
- Integrate into a range of LMS/CMS such as Moodle, mediawiki etc.
- Run with MySQL/PHP on any major OS (web server or standalone computer)
- Access your bibliographies from any networked computer
- Store unlimited numbers of files with each bibliographic entry
- You own your bibliographies (no disasters due to centralized servers -- companies closing down etc., less risk of spam etc.)
- And many, many more. . .
probably a great product once you have it up and running, but an absolute nightmare to install. I don't get it and am not sure if I ever will. I am your average computer literate user but this is impossible.