THIS IS NOT WHONIX'S HOMEPAGE. Please go to:
(This is only Whonix's sourceforge must-have project page.)
Whonix is an operating system focused on anonymity, privacy and security. It's based on the Tor anonymity network, Debian GNU/Linux and security by isolation. DNS leaks are impossible, and not even malware with root privileges can find out the user's real IP.
Whonix consists of two parts: One solely runs Tor and acts as a gateway, which we call Whonix-Gateway. The other, which we call Whonix-Workstation, is on a completely isolated network. Only connections through Tor are possible.
Whonix is produced independently of, and carries no guarantee from, The Tor Project.
- Adobe Flash anonymously
- Browse The Web Anonymously
- Anonymous IRC
- Anonymous Publishing
- Anonymous E-Mail with Mozilla Thunderbird and TorBirdy
- Add a proxy behind Tor (Tor -> proxy)
- Based on Debian GNU/Linux.
- Based on the Tor anonymity network.
- Based on Virtual Box.
- Can torify almost any application.
- Can torify any operating system
- Can torify Windows.
- Chat anonymously.
- Circumvent Censorship.
- DNSSEC over Tor ¹
- Encrypted DNS ¹
- Full IP/DNS protocol leak protection.
- Hide the fact that you are using Tor ¹
- Hide the fact you are using Whonix
- Hide installed software from ISP
- Isolating Proxy
- Java anonymously
- Location/IP hidden servers
- Mixmaster over Tor
- Prevents anyone from learning your IP.
- Prevents anyone from learning your physical location.
- Private obfuscated bridges supported.
- Protects your privacy.
- Protocol-Leak-Protection and Fingerprinting-Protection
- Secure And Distributed Time Synchronization Mechanism
- Security by Isolation
- Send Anonymous E-mails without registration
- Stream isolation to prevent identity correlation through circuit sharing
- Virtual Machine Images
- VPN/Tunnel Support
- Whonix is produced independently from the Tor (r) anonymity software and carries no guarantee from The Tor Project about quality, suitability or anything else.
- Transparent Proxy
- Tunnel Freenet through Tor
- Tunnel i2p through Tor
- Tunnel JonDonym through Tor
- Tunnel Proxy through Tor
- Tunnel Retroshare through Tor
- Tunnel SSH through Tor
- Tunnel UDP over Tor ¹
- Tunnel VPN through Tor
- Tor enforcement
- TorChat ¹
- Free Software, Libre Software, Open Source
- ¹ via Optional Configuration
There are no 4 star reviews.