The Battle for Wesnoth is a Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures.
- Cross-platform: runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and others
- Single-player mode: campaigns and skirmish
- Multiplayer mode: networked and hotseat, cooperative and competitive
- Multilingual: over 50 available translations to choose from
- Extensible: user-made content from the add-ons server
Wesnoth is a classic turn based strategy game. Few games can boast the strategy, and backstory this game has. Combined with both ease of use and a great team of developers who are very responsive, this game is one i highly recommend.
best game I enjoyed ever.
I have played this game since version 1 and I still keep playing it. Each new version improves it without losing any usefull features.
one of the best multiplayer chess replacement )
Played this one a bit a few years ago and had an absolute blast, recommended to anyone who likes turn-based strategy games somewhat similar to Fire Emblem!