webStraktor is a programmable World Wide Web data extraction client. Its purpose is to scrape HTML based content via the HTTP protocol and extract relevant information. webStraktor features a scripting language to facilitate the collection, the extraction and the storage of information available on the web, including images. The scripting language uses elements of the Regular Expression and xPath syntax. The webStraktor scripting language has a small instruction set and its syntax is easy to master.
The standard webStraktor output format is XML based, either in ASCII, UTF-8 or ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) code pages.
webStraktor relies on the Apache HttpClient for retrieving content via the HTTP protocol. It adheres to the Robots Exclusion Protocol and it can be configured to operate in an anonymous way by connecting to the predominant types of web proxy servers.
webStraktor extends the functionality of web crawlers, spiders or bots by integrating scraping and crawling capabilities.
- programmable web crawler (web spider or web bot)
- easy to master scripting language
- java swing based graphical development environment
- UTF8 or ISO-8859-1 XML output
- integrates with readily available scheduling applications
- exhaustive configuration
- web proxy server support
- robot exclusion protocol support
- configurable User Agent signature
- step by step tutorial and example scripts
- Apache HttpClient based
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of webStraktor!