WebIssues is an open source, multi-platform system for issue tracking and team collaboration. It can be used to store, share and track issues with various attributes, description, comments and file attachments. The system is easy to install and use but has many capabilities and is highly customizable.
- The Desktop Client application can run natively on Windows, Linux and OS X
- The Web Client can be used to access the system using a web browser
- The server can be installed on any host with PHP 5.2 or newer and MySQL, PostgreSQL or SQL Server
- Issues can be filtered using public and personal views with configurable filtering criteria
- Email notifications can be sent and the Desktop Client can periodically check for new and modified issues meeting various criteria
- Various reports can be printed directly from the Desktop Client or exported as HTML and PDF documents
The tool is great, simple, easy to use, provides enough customization to make it flexible. However, it is slow. I installed it on a local intranet server, where the DB was running, and just changing a single defect's attribute the app would take up to 30 seconds, and for a single defect I had to change at least 8 attributes, then add comments then attachments. I guess the app would really be great if it responded swiftly.