* WebCollab 3.40 - Glenorchy *
Welcome to WebCollab 3.40:
This version of WebCollab includes minor bugfixes and performance enhancements.
Password security has been improved with new passwords being encrypted with the Blowfish algorithm. Existing
passwords will not be changed until the password is manually changed. Note that this is only applicable to
versions of PHP 5.3.7 (or higher); since earlier versions of PHP have a buggy implementation of the Blowfish
Uploaded files are now stored with random hash id's instead of the file name. This increases security and
solves potential problems with non-ascii filenames in filesystems. Again, this only applies to new uploaded
files, and the code is still backwardly compatible with existing uploaded files.
The Italian language translation has been updated.
Note that a database upgrade is necessary for earlier versions to implement the new hashed uploaded file
* MD5 Sums *
* CHANGELOG *
- improve formatting to Forum Search. Add to CSS code.
- improve and simplify conformance to RFC 2045 of quoted printable encoding in emails
- minor improvements to email headers
- add Blowfish password encryption for PHP > 5.3.7
- add configurable dates
- time.php: change from preg function to mb_substr for better execution speed. Cache escaped date results.
- simplify encoded headers in email using iconv_mime_encode()
- change to storing uploaded files with hashed id
- change md5() hashes to sha1() hashes
- improve salt generation for passwords
- Updated Italian translation (Credit: Giuseppe Dantini )
- Italian translation partially updated (Credit: Igor Falcomata )
- Bug #97 - Fix for foreign cookies overwriting POST & GET by removing $_REQUEST superglobals. (Reported by: Favern)