WaveShop is an audio editor for Windows XP/Vista/7/8. Unlike many similar apps, WaveShop is bit-perfect, meaning samples aren't altered unless they need to be. Editing a portion of an audio file only affects that portion; the rest of the file is untouched. Blocks of audio can be cut and pasted without changing their contents at all. This is especially useful for patching a finished master without corrupting its dither.
- Bit-perfect: samples aren't changed needlessly
- Very fast: all processing is done in memory
- 64-bit version can edit files exceeding 2GB
- Supports most file formats including AAC/MP4, MP3, FLAC and Ogg/Vorbis
- Clipboard: Copy/Cut/Paste/Insert/Delete
- Unlimited undo
- Normalize and/or fix DC offset
- Amplify (boost/attenuate)
- Fade in/out/custom, linear or logarithmic
- Peak statistics
- RMS statistics with histogram
- Reversal and inversion
- Find clipping with detailed report
- Extract channels to mono files
- Insert/delete/swap channels
- Change audio format
- Sample rate conversion
- Generate audio w/ envelopes and modulation
- Edit surround speaker assignments
- Find zero crossing
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI)
- Multithreaded processing
- Playback via DirectSound
- Peak-hold meters with surround support
- Real-time spectrum analyzer
- Recording with no limit but disk space
- One-touch and sound-activated recording
- EQ, compression, and other effects via LADSPA plugins
Handy, compact Tool - marvelous! REQUEST: A editor-handling option with scroll-wheel Zoom in/out (like in GoldWave) would't be fine.
I bought a program called Polderbits about 10 years ago and almost paid to upgrade to the 64 bit version when last month it suddenly went into a trial mode time out and the web site wend dead. I tried something like a half dozen others, all unsatisfactory, when I stumbled on WaveShop. I played with it for a few days in the limited time I had and soon found that my loss proved a real gain. I now have a much faster and user friendly 64 bit program that will do more such as join files. I have been through a support issue and have no choice but to rate it tops in every category.
It is like a trimmed version of Audacity. There are no pitch, tempo change plugins, so it is useless for me. It is only good for basic wav editing.
Ah when you find a great program you also find a great programer. Every conversion there was no issue. Used other audio programs for playback to test the conversions that were done in this outstanding editor and it was a flawless playback. Not overbearing in looks of the application which is perfect.