VStar is a multi-platform, easy-to-use variable star observation visualisation and analysis tool. Data can be read from a file or the AAVSO database, light curves and phase plots created, period analysis performed, and filters applied. Plugins can be developed, e.g. to make additional observation sources available.
- Loads data from the AAVSO database, CSV, and TSV files.
- Displays light curves and phase plots, along with a mean curve.
- Data can also be viewed in tabular format.
- Views can be printed and saved.
- Period analysis (Date Compensated Discrete Fourier Transform).
- Polynomial fitting.
- Filtering function.
- Plug-in architecture (observation sources, period analysis, filtering, other tools).
- Weighted Wavelet Z-Transform for time-frequency analysis.
There are no 1 star reviews.