Vrestore is a simple browser-based interface, that provides both privileged System Administrators (SA) and regular Users the ability to recover and restore previous versions of files that are being managed within a Sun Solaris SAM‑FS file system.
- Provide central point of administration for recovering and reporting on SAM FS file systems anywhere in the Enterprise
- One SAM FS node can control multi libraries and multiple media types
- The underlying database engine can be one of a variety of commercial databases (due to abstracting the programmatic database layer with AdoDB). Tested databases include mySQL, postgreSQL and ORACLE.
- Login support can be provided through LDAP, NIS, standard Solaris environment or at the database structure level of Vrestore
- Helios Ethershare and PCshare are supported in the standard and remote versions of Vrestore
- MacOS, SAMBA, and PC-Netlink are supported in the standard and remote versions of Vrestore
- Communication between different servers provided by rdist/rsh or scp/ssh
- Supports all SAM FS versions from 3.5 (3.5, 4.0, ...) and all sub-releases
- Different users are allowed to restore files into select/assigned subdirectories
- You define which SAM-FS nodes the tape library(s) are located (can be more than one)
- Available in an English or German language version
- Can create charts of historical behavior of any of the SAM FS file systems being monitored
- Processing performance is improved by creating temporary working directories on each server node instead of locating all activity on the central Vrestore server
- VSN Statistics (first and last write usage of tapes)
- Full Internal VSN Recycle Mechanism
- Support for “special” SAM FS file handling: Segmentation, Tape Spanning, Disk archiving, SAM-Remote file copies
Be the first to post a review of Vrestore - File Recovery Tool for SAM-FS!