vRenamer is an easy to use mass renamer with a lot of options. It's able to insert, remove, and replace strings, extract audio and images metadata, write audio metadata, change length, numbrering, undo/redo, and much more. Tested in Win and Linux.
- Insert, remove, replace, trim, normalize, capitalize, transform, organize in folders...
- Create new folders from user patterns, so you can easily reorganize pictures, music, etc
- Drag and drop and Rename files or folders
- Save and load your custom renaming profiles
- Rename music files using id3 tags, and write into (mp3, flac, ogg...)
- Rename picture files using metadata (Camera RAW, JPEG, TIFF, PSD, PNG, BMP, GIF)
- Automatic or manual preview before renaming
- Search in subfolders with manual or default filter
- Fix bad enumerations, add padding zeros to numbers in existing filenames
- Copy or move to other folder instead of renaming
- Preview JPEG, PNG, GIF pictures
- Sort files before renaming (automatic or drag & drop manual)
- Undo and redo as many times as you need
- Apply to filename or extension
- Rename from a txt or csv user list
- Create a log and recover previous renamings
- Always safe: instant warnings, undo from failed, avoid cycle renaming...
- Regular expresions supported
- Clean and comprehensive interface
Very flexible with many renaming options along with a not too cluttered interface. One the few opensource tools I found that would allow me to combine folder name with alphabetic index in renaming files. Bravo.
It's an amazingly simple and easy-to use application... but saves a huge amount of time when working withs batches of files... Thanks, really
Simple and useful application Recommended for automatic files rename