This release brings a bit of user-friendliness in form of key suggestions and
various descriptions provided in the interface. Matching of files has been
extended in many ways and become significantly more powerful than before.
Menu mode also got several enhancements.
Thanks to everyone who found the time to try beta version.
- Key suggestions in the interface on ambiguous input (e.g. "g").
- Helpful shortcuts for dialogs (for sort dialog in particular).
- Key descriptions in :map menus and %z macro for 'statusline' to display
- Description of all :commands, 'options' and their values for new multiline
version of wildmenu.
- ANDing, ORing and negating patterns for matching files and new mime-type
- File prefixes and suffixes can now be multi-byte, which with extended
'classify' option allows specifying "icons" via custom fonts.
- Search result highlighting, enabled completion and a way to export the list
- An indication of pattern correctness and match state for interactive
- :select and :unselect commands to perform automatic file selection
(possibly by using output of external application).
- Cancellation (handling of Ctrl-C) for quick view and view mode loading.
See change log for the full list of changes and by whom they were suggested.
More details at https://vifm.info/news/2016-07-16.shtml