Vifm is a file manager with curses interface, which provides Vi[m]-like environment for managing objects within file systems, extended with some useful ideas from mutt. If you use Vi[m], vifm gives you complete keyboard control over your files without having to learn a new set of commands.
- vim-like user mappings
- vim-like command-line mode with ranges and abbreviations
- vim-like marks and registers
- operation undoing/redoing/backgrounding
- FUSE file systems support
- directory tree comparison
- advanced file filtering and renaming capabilities
- remembering position in previously visited directories
- color schemes, which can also be applied to specific sub-trees
- file decorations customizable according to their type and/or name
- named bookmarks (tags)
- less-like preview mode with customizable viewers
- one or two panes view
- shell-like and external command-line editing
- table/grid/tree views of files
- remote command execution
- built-in integration with GNU screen and tmux
- multi-block selection
- ability to script configuration for specific directories
- utf8 aware
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Better than ranger.
This is a must-try for anybody who is used to vi-type of software. After a couple of days of fiddling around, this became my default file manager. Also, the developers seems to be closely monitoring internet forums and provide feedback. Thanks for a great piece of software.
Easy to use, low on resources and with excellent manual.
Delightful for vim users! Easy to use, light, just what you need for easy and fast browsing of files. Great replacement for GNU Midnight Commander.