The multiplatform desktop client can connect to any CMIS compatible data repository, but has been designed to work best with Alfresco to provide a familiar "explorer" look and feel for users. Vic will check-out a document to the local workstation, open it for editing and then manage the check-in process for the user. As well as dragging and dropping files to/from the repository, it can also upload emails. The development framework is extensible and it will be possible to add other data sources.
Tested against Alfresco Community versions 4.0 and 4.2
NOTE: Vic is not compatible with versions of Alfresco prior to 4.0
- Connects to Alfresco and displays folders and files in an "explorer" like manner
- Allows users to click on a document to edit it (handles the check-out and check-in process for the user)
- Connects to local and networked file store and copies files to/from Alfresco
- Can copy emails (IMAP) into Alfresco
- Displays and edits file metadata (properties)
- Has the ability to search for text and metadata within Alfresco documents
- Connects to Google Drive and copies files to/from Alfresco
Be the first to post a review of Vic (Versatile Information Client)!