Firmware and schematic for a USB HID compatible remote control consumer device using an Atmel AVR Atmega8. No drivers are needed for WindowsXP / WMP10 / Vista / Windows 7. Press Play/Stop/Pause and control media player directly from your remote control.
- No drivers needed for XP/Vista/7 or Linux
- Reports as Remote Control HID USB device
- Programmable (Sony and NEC protocols supported at the moment)
- Complete HW, Firmware and SW specs/docs/code
- Cheap <$20, one Ir detector, one AVR Mega8 and some passives
This project is full of obsolete code, cannot be compiled, there are missing files (for example hw.h). On the other side, there are many files that shouldn't be there which are just some test output of author testing. Documentation is scarce and reading it made me feel it should be "piece of cake" to get it running. I am so much disappointed and cannot recommend this to anyone.
Very useful project!
I am unable to compile the source using the AVR Studio 4.18.684, WINAVR Compiler Error in main file says- SFR and port pins undeclared