Efficient Client-Server Backup system for Linux, macOS and Windows. A client for Windows, macOS and Linux lets you backup open files and complete partition images (Windows). Backups are stored to disks in a efficient way (deduplication) on either Windows or Linux servers.
- Incremental file and image backups
- Fast to setup and get running; easy configuration on clients and server via web interface
- Image backups only include used disk blocks
- Allows image and file backups while the system is in use
- File-level deduplicaton on the server side
- Linux based restore cd for restoring image backups
- E-Mail reporting
- Browse backups, view logs and current activities and analyse client storage usage and history in a easy to use web interface
I start testing this recently, and aI very liked it. Impressive and functional for free software. While web interface a bit not obvious, it's still have little learning curve. For now I'm interesing mainly in the file backup, so not tested image backup intensively. I found only one drawback - but big one, that stopping me yet from deploying: UrBackup lose file timestamp in backup. Since almost all users I know (me too) seriously rely on the file date/time, the result of backup is only partially useful. I really hope that preserving of timestamp will be added in near future.