Hammer of Thyrion (uHexen2) is a cross-platform port of Raven Software's Hexen II source. It is based on an older linux port, Anvil of Thyrion. HoT includes countless bug fixes, improved music, sound and video modes, opengl improvements, support for many operating systems and architectures, and documentation among many others.
- Support for Hexen II, Hexen II demo, Portal of Praevus mission pack and HexenWorld.
- Supported operating systems / platforms: Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Windows, AROS, MorphOS, DOS, and OS/2.
- Well tested on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms. Well tested on both little endian and big endian platforms.
- Improved sound support. Support for OGG, MP3, Opus and WAV external music files to be played instead of the original MIDI files.
- Widescreen FOV (field of view) support and automatic Hor+ FOV scaling in both opengl and software renderer.
- In-game resolution changing for both opengl and software renderers.
- OpenGL enhancements including anisotropic texture filtering, multitexturing, glow effects, text and hud size changing on the fly, colored lights, external lit files, etc.
- Fullscreen intermissions and help dialogs.
- Fully network-compatible with Raven's 1.11 windows version as well as with other Hexen II ports.
- Can load and play games saved with Raven's 1.11 windows version.
- The same binary handles both original hexen2 and the mission pack.
- The same hexen2 binary transparently handles all v1.03-v1.11 (hexen2) and v1.12 (mission pack) style progs.dat files.
- The same binary transparently handles progs.dat files of both v6 and v7 specs.
- The same binary transparently handles all v0.11, v0.14 and v0.15 style hexenworld progs.dat files.
- Improvements and lots of fixes to the HexenC game code.
- Countless bug fixes, security fixes and other improvements.
CategoriesFirst Person Shooters
Follow Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
There are no 4 star reviews.