Dungeon Craft is an adventure creator that emulates the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Gold Box RPG's released by SSI. Initially designed to be a "more unlimited" version of the Forgotten Realms: Unlimited Adventures (FRUA) game editor and engine, it has far surpassed the capabilities of the old FRUA system. The editor is used to configure art, items, monsters, spells, special abilities, classes and races.. Each adventure is self-contained and doesn't require the editor to be played.
The editor is extremely versatile and the databases are completely designer created allowing easy additions and modifications to spells, monsters, items, classes, races and special abilities, and are exportable to be easily shared with others or used in other designs.
- Adventure creator that is based on the AD&D gaming system. (think GoldBox and FRUA games by SSI)
- Supports 16/24/32 bit color and supports BMP, PCX, TGA, PNG, JPEG, WAV, MIDI, MP3, MOD, and AVI file types.
- 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768 screen sizes during game play.
- Designer can edit/add spells, items, monsters and special abilities.
- Each design is self-contained, the editor is not required to play the game
- All art can be customized.
- Text events can use scripted conversations, Ultima style.
This is really a great tool, I have been using it for 2 years and I have learned so much trying to figure how things work :). I wish I could make something like this. But what can You do with it, is to make new adventures and that is just something wonderful. I hope it will stay good and improve.
Thanks for Uaf, it's excellent!
It's cool. I went to your website where I could download the playable adventures but some of the links are broken now. You might want to update them. I was wondering, can this software be used to play old FRUA modules and maybe the original Gold Box games like Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds? I think I still have a CD somewhere or floppys with the games on them but they don't run on newer computers. I am pretty sure they are abandoned ware now and it should not be a legal problem to convert them to Dungeon Craft as far as I know. How feasible is that. There used to be a lot of FRUA content available to DL on the web. I would love to replay it. It would be even cooler if some of those old games were remade with modern graphics and enhanced to play on modern PCs but if I could play them with DC, I would be happy!